- Ontario has reopened spring bear hunt! We now offer spring and fall hunts.
- Click here to view the Travel Check List for hunters.
- All Hunters are required to wear Blaze/Hunter orange. Hunters may remove Blaze orange while in their tree stand. A hunter orange garment and head cover must be worn. The garment must cover a min. of 400 sq. inches above the waist and be visible from all sides. Open mesh or Camo. Orange must not be part of the 400 sq. inches. A hunting coat or vest generally meets this requirement. Please see the hunting regs. (below) for more information.
- Please bring your own tree stand and harness.
- If you have an ATV please bring it. We do have some sites that you can drive to if you do not have an ATV, or we can drop you off and pick you up at set times.
- We bait all summer long with: fresh pastries from the bakery, meat from the butcher, and table scraps.
Hunting Package Information
THESE PRICES INCLUDE the 13% HST (Canadian Taxes)
2019 and 2020 price—-$2100 per week
2021 and 2022 price—-$TBD
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RATES:
TWO ACTIVE BAIT STANDS PER HUNTER (we usually have more but this is a minimum)
SKINNING/BUTCHERING/FREEZING of your TROPHY
LODGING- 7 nights
BOAT AND MOTOR- 16 ft boat & 15 hp motor (upgrades to an 18 ft. boat with 25 hp motor avail.)
GAS- 5 gal. per day per boat (including personal boats)
MEALS- Breakfast and Dinner to be served in Main Lodge. Lunches are either put out in the morning for you make and take out on the water/stand with you OR provided hot before you go out to hunt. TBD per day as needed. Shore Lunch is also an option.
***Please note that Saturday lunch is not provided.
ICE/FREEZER- We have all the ice you need to keep your fish cooled. If you know you are taking home specific fish you may freeze them solid in one of our deep freezers set aside for this purpose.
We also have a deep freezer for your trophy bear so it is solid to go home.
CANADIAN TAXES- the 13% HST is included in the cost of your trip.
A $700.00 non-refundable deposit is required to book your trip. The other two deposits of $700 are due before April 1st.
***The above is for 2019-2020 hunts. Hunts booked for future years just divide total into three payments. The deposit is due right away. The other two payments are due before April 1st of the year you booked. (Payment ahead of schedule is always welcome!)
We currently have a good shot opportunity percentage and have harvested over 60 bears in the past 13 years!
We have a great bear population. There are lots of 250 lb. – 350 lb. bears. We have seen and harvested bears as big as 400 and 550 lbs. as well as many Color Phase bears.
Hunting Management Area
Hunting Site Information
We offer two active baited stands per hunter. There are sites suitable for ground blinds as well as ladder stands. There are set ups for both bow and gun available.
Weapon of Choice
You may use a bow or a gun.
Minimum bow requirements are as follows:
Bows must, at a draw length of 700 mm (27.6 in) or less, have a draw weight of at least 22 kilograms (48.5 lbs.). Arrows must be at least 600 mm (23.6 in.) long and have at a minimum a 22 mm (0.87in.) wide arrow head with at least two cutting edges that are sharp unserrated, barbless, straight, and made of steel.
Minimum shotgun requirements are as follow:
Only Centerfire Rifle may be used (no rimfire). Shot guns maybe used, but no person shall use a shotgun smaller than 20 gauge when loaded with shot or any shotgun loaded with shot smaller than SG or No. 1 buck.
Contact the Canadian Firearms Centre at 1-800-731-4000 or www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/
Firearm Declaration Forms:
- Fire arms declaration forms are available on line at the above address (click on facts sheet) or you may call the Canadian fire arms information line at 1-800-731-4000
- Opening day of bear hunt is August 15th
- A hunter must be at least 16 years old
- All hunters must have taken a safety course. Please see Hunting Regs.
- You also need to register your gun at the border. The fee is about $50. There is not a registration fee for your bow.
- There will also be an Export Fee to get your trophy back across the border. The fee is about $30.
Please call for names and numbers of past hunters!