No, we do not allow any cooking in the cabins. Cooking in the cabins is a serious fire hazard as well as an attractant to bears.
Yes, you can have a shore lunch with any fish caught that same day. We will supply you with a propane burner, propane tank, deep frying pot or frying pan, potatoes, onions, oil, plates, silverware, and spices. Please sign up for your shore lunch in the main lodge at least a day before. We will provide you with the equiptment for one free shore lunch. If you are interested in doing more than one there will be a charge and we need to know well in advance so we can order supplies appropriately.
(NOTE: Ontario law does not allow you to transport any fish to a shore lunch that have been previously gutted, filleted, or cleaned. All fish must be whole and be from that days fishing).
Typically we serve breakfast at 8AM and dinner at 5PM. Lunch fixings are set out at breakfast for everyone to make their own sac lunch to take with them. Meal times for the hunters is decided when all hunters arrive at camp (we adjust their meal times around hunting hours).
- Breakfast consists of pancakes, french toast, or eggs with a side of bacon or ham.
- Lunch fixings are put out at breakfast for campers to pack their own sack lunch. Lunch meats, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, fruit, and cookies are typical.
- Dinner consists of a main entree, side dishes, and a dessert. You will not go hungry at camp. (menu may change at cooks free will, but here is the general idea)
- Spaghetti, garden salad, bread and butter, sliced peaches
- BBQ Pulled Pork, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Chips, Rice Krispie Treat
- Giant Taco Bar, Chips and Salsa, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Baked/Grilled Chicken Breast, Potato Salad, Peas, Sliced Pears
- Baked Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Gravy, Bread and Butter, Cream Puffs
- Baked Rotini (cheesy pasta), Garden Salad, Garlic Bread, Fruit Cocktail
- Steak, Baked Potato, 7 Layer Salad, Wacky Coco Cake
**Typically breakfast is served at 8am and dinner at 5pm. **
****HUNTERS**** your meals are modified and a bit more elaborate. You will also have a baked desert every night instead of every other.